Quote:

422 guys have some serious fast cars over there...

Yes it was started by a few Ford guys who are serious racers. Also a few very nasty Pontiacs and a 63 Chevy. All nice cars and people. The only thing to me that throws the ball off a little to people watching the NSS cars from the 422 club like these real fast ones are that they are so much faster then the cars of the era they represent. I mean dont get me wrong if they have the cash and know how to build them that fast its great of course but its throws the perspective off some. When you think of a 63 Galaxy that ran 12's back in the day running 9's or 8's I just think the spectator might think they were that fast in the mid 60's. And of course the 422 cars are not the only ones going way fast it just that I get to see them them alot since my brother races with them and he loves it as they are all very nice people and also treat me great when I go to some of the races they are at. And I dont know if you could even put a limit on how fast they are now but it just seems that these cars were 11 and 12 second cars in the day and I even see some in the 8's today. Just makes me wonder if the spectators think they were that fast back in the day ? Ron

Last edited by 383man; 11/28/11 01:37 PM.