Quote:

My brother runs a tunnel ram on his low deck 499 in his 64. He is not happy with it as the top of the carbs come right to the bottom of this scoop. He plans to build an RB block eng and go to either the Indy box crossram or the standard Mopar crossram. I have to agree that the tunnel ram belongs more in Nostalgic Pro Stock more then NSS. Most NSS rules say you have to run 2 fours if thats what they used back then and you can use a tunnel ram as long as its 2 fours. But in my opinion when you look at my brothers 64 with this large hemi scoop and 2 fours on the tunnel ram and then compare it to my 63 with the right size Maxie scoop and one carb my 63 looks way more period correct with the hoods closed. I mean the fans see them race with the hoods closed and do these newer taller versions of the hemi and max wedge scoops look more correct then a single carb car with the normal size scoop ? Not knocing the newer taller scoops its just alot of NSS clubs wont let me run with a single carb as you have to have 2 carbs for my 63 to be legal. But I feel with the hood down my 63 looks more correct then cars with the taller scoops so they can fit 2 carbs with different intakes. And dont get me wrong as I am not complaining as I could not run many NSS races even if I was all legal by the rules. I am just making an observation that the fans cant see how many carbs are under the hood when they are racing with the hoods down. But they can see the bigger scoops that are not correct looking. And I do understand that the bigger engines most use now need alot more air also. Just an observation that I was curious what anyone else might think. Ron

The carbs being to close to the scoop is a problem for sure you can loose power because of that and volocity... Thats the same scoop I have on my car and to be honest that scoop any taller looks like S**T if you ask me you better putting a pro stock scoop on that car at that point... If you brother changes his intake to one of those indy bath tub set ups he going to loose power.. I had a low deck 512 with a indy single carb and it ran unreal. I had a Indy Tunnel ram with 2 4's that I never put on because the car was running so consistant that I didnt want to mess with it but the tunnel ram with 2 4's was good for another 60hp easy.... If he can drop that motor a half and inch and get a little more clearance for is carbs hes better off... Id hate to see him loose power... Just my