Quote:

First of all, my apologies for Reggies ignorance for taking a 68' production model and installing a mill whose production ended two years earlier.
To the HARDCORE street racers, class racers and drag enthusiasts, I apologize for HIS OVERSIGHT ON HIS HISTORY.

Gee HYPER, did I get under your collar? What you should be apologizing for is your unwarranted personal attack. As another poster observed, you do have a bad habit of resorting to put-downs when your reasoning is called into question. It's ok to disagree, but personal attacks are childish. Before you start spouting off about who is ignorant, you should take a reading comprehension course:

1) I grew up around Mopars from the 50s on, so I know a little history. My statement was that there were no 413 Road Runners. My point was that Chrysler stopped using the 413 in performance applications for a reason - it was ancient history. The 440 was the new top dawg wedge engine as far as Chrysler was concerned. Car production was not a hobby - it was a business, and Chrysler was in it to sell cars and make money. They knew that whatever won races on Sunday would sell in the showrooms on Monday. You are also either uninformed about when 413 car production ended, or there is an OVERSIGHT in your math. 1965 was the last year for the 413 in passenger cars - not 1966.

2) Go back and read my statement on the Cadillac - slowly. I'll interpret it for you; They added weight to it using passengers and other junk to get the total weight to 6700+ lb for the baseline test. I don't really care if you don't believe the test. It was a simple test of power vs. weight using a Cadillac stocker and the results are the results.

As I said, I'm done with further discussion on this useless topic. I'm sure that you're not, but do this board a favor and be civil. Personal attacks are uncalled for and unnecessary.