Quote:

Quote:

413's can be
made to run AS hard as a 440, built differently.

Nobody's denying that. But that's an apples to oranges comparasin. I can build a turbo fwd 4cyl mopar that will spank a differently built 413 on the street and the whole way down the track. But that's an apples to oranges comparasin. All we're saying is the 440 will have a slight edge over AN IDENTICALLY BUILT 413 across the whole powerband. Nobody is saying the 413 won't make good power or that the 440 is the ultimate motor. As I said before, that difference is not likely to be much of anything on the drag strip or on the street. The 440 will have the slight edge in a perfect world. However in a perfect world motors are tuned to perfection, all drivers are pros and tracks are prepped amazingly. I don't know what it's like around you, but here 413's are as scarce as 361's and RB383's. Just seems to be none of them around, however I can find a 383, 400 or 440 if I hit up the classifieds.

Bingo! There are at least 7 or 8 440s for sale within 100 miles of me. There is presently just ONE 413 for sale, and he thinks it's a MW engine.