Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

413's can be
made to run AS hard as a 440, built differently.

Nobody's denying that. But that's an apples to oranges comparasin. I can build a turbo fwd 4cyl mopar that will spank a differently built 413 on the street and the whole way down the track. But that's an apples to oranges comparasin. All we're saying is the 440 will have a slight edge over AN IDENTICALLY BUILT 413 across the whole powerband. Nobody is saying the 413 won't make good power or that the 440 is the ultimate motor. As I said before, that difference is not likely to be much of anything on the drag strip or on the street. The 440 will have the slight edge in a perfect world. However in a perfect world motors are tuned to perfection, all drivers are pros and tracks are prepped amazingly. I don't know what it's like around you, but here 413's are as scarce as 361's and RB383's. Just seems to be none of them around, however I can find a 383, 400 or 440 if I hit up the classifieds.

Thank you for finally "listening". AS for you, it
could be that your turbo mill has enough "oats"
to run or even beat a big block on the track.
Anything is possible!!! Good size turbo w/adj
wastegate, hi-flow head, good fuel managment,
strong tranny/drivetrain/suspension plus a drop
of NOx2, you too would shock the heck out of some
"disbelievers". Turbo cars RUN like the BIG DOGS
so don't feel left out of the "game".
Besides you "hit on a point that I was making.
Cubic inches CAN be substituted!!!
AS far as the 440 vs.413 goes, it's NEVER a
perfect world. Your Car IS a shining EXAMPLE!!

Usually the substitution for cubic inches is cubic dollars. Which is exactly why most build a 440 vs. a 413.