Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Nothing wrong with a 413, BUT the market has forgotten it. That said, I'm glad the letter cars exist, they were a milestone, and so was the model T ford, doesn't mean I want a T 4cylinder engine. Why pound on a dead horse? IF I could buy pistons for the 413 I have lying in my shop now I would have built it But I'm not going to invest $800+ into custom pistons and still net 30 cubes less then a 440 with $300 pistons, and have shrouded valves from the TINY bore I seriously tried for over a year to FIND pistons for the 413, no luck... It's now donating it's crank to a 446 build. Fire away

Exactly. Why would anyone waste money on custom pistons for a 413 only to have the tiny bore size, shrouded valves and limited displacement? Rebuilding a number matching vehicle is one thing but otherwise it is just a poor choice.

Hopefully most people who read this thread will think straight and see that a 413 is the least capable of the RB motors. Just like the 350 and 361 are the worst possible B motors for a performance project.

Andy, you didn't read Larry's book yet. Most 350 and 361 were utility motors, basic workhorses. No
440 head would fit the block right. They were not designed for the stretch in bore size, that was
intended later with the 413. Althought the 361
made it to 66', the motor was out gunned by the
383, in many ways. The popularity of 400+ cubes
in the Chrysler motor stable is here for a long time, or until it less expensive to build a
factory 500 inch stroker motor cheaper than the
factory six pack 440. Get the drift?

I don't think anyone gets your drift.

Let me sum up what Andy's been saying this whole time

A 440 is superior in every way to a 413 and no one should ever waste their money building a 413 unless they're looking for factory correctness..... /thread