Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

As it was said before, 440's will have the upstair
power due to it larger bore. things will will be tight between them at low and midrange.

Still wrong on all counts. The 440 will crush it with low RPM tq due to the cubic inches and it will smash it on top end because of the ability to flow more air with a bigger bore and less shrouded valves. The low RPM TQ is a direct derivitive of the cubic inches and the 440 will kill an equally equipped 413.

um WRONG. small bores BIG strokes.. thats what wins in a killer street engine. being of EQUAL cubic inches mind you.

JUST FOR AN EXAMPLE:
TOP FUEL ENGINES:

4.1875" bore x 4.500" stroke

remember kids.. just an example.. i know that isn't a street engine and its supercharged, but
yet they choose to make the engine that way.

Following YOUR logic... If the smallest bores and longest stroke makes the most TQ and TQ wins races then how the hell come we don't all run 225 slant six's and slaughter the competition? Bet you didn't know the 225 had the longest stroke of almost ANY engine put in a car since about 1960 and one of the smallest bores of the muscle car era, the smallest bore and the longest stroke, and to further make it the king it has the smallest valves and ports of any mopar motor from the muscle era... it should even kill the mighty Hemi any day of the week ! Heck if only the 18 wheelers knew of the 225 they could save all that money on 1000 cube catapiller diesels they run. The fact is your logic is completly wrong, the 440 will make more TQ because it has more DISPLACEMENT. No one ever said a 413 is slow so you need to quit repeating it, re-read the post genious. The only things people have said about it are it will make less TQ than an equally built 440 and pistons are expensive customs or expensive lo-po replacement pistons and you could buy a 440 and build it cheaper and make more TQ doing it. Stop trying to put words in peoples mouths.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!