Quote:

Quote:

Nothing wrong with a 413, BUT the market has forgotten it. That said, I'm glad the letter cars exist, they were a milestone, and so was the model T ford, doesn't mean I want a T 4cylinder engine. Why pound on a dead horse? IF I could buy pistons for the 413 I have lying in my shop now I would have built it But I'm not going to invest $800+ into custom pistons and still net 30 cubes less then a 440 with $300 pistons, and have shrouded valves from the TINY bore I seriously tried for over a year to FIND pistons for the 413, no luck... It's now donating it's crank to a 446 build. Fire away

Thats why you don't need to get those 1500+ dollar
eddy heads or victors. You can stroke a 413 and
gain even more torque and have a great street motor. You can't just rev on it like a 340 or 383
because it isn't the same as one. Power is down
low, so gear up the car accordingly to run well.
Besides you made the first smart move to put the
413 crank into the 440. Chances are the original
440 crank was cast. Now make another smart move and put a 4.15" stroker arm in the 413. Costs
just as much to stroke a 440, no excuses. Beat on
a dead horse? Beat on this one and it will take
you on a wild ride!

No fancy crap on this build. Used 902's with big valves, $450 clearance Ross pistons and a moparts found racer brown solid cam! Should be plenty stout with minimal $$$ ... FWIW, Do the math, if you use 383 pistons and a 4.15" arm, the pistons are proud in the 413... already tired that.

Current cars: 2000 Dak Quad Cab, 2012 Challenger,1970 Road Runner, 1994 Firehawk

1966 Coronet post sedan, 1988 Corvette, 2005 Magnum RT all SOLD

R70RUNNER<---VP Inland Empire Chapter of the MPM