I suppose it would work out fine but my cheap@#$ buildup using the lowest price cast pistons is designed to be a 5500 rpm redline engine.

In general the larger MW ports would be better served by having more engine under them so going from a 413 to a 472 would move the power band down into the more usable range.

One can always build an engine to be more expensive, make more power, etc. Note that the heads are stockers and the pistons are the lowest price cast replacement pistons, the rods are stock 413 LYs. This is meant to be an engine that could be built on the cheap but make really usable street power. I grew up with a 455 olds that would smoke the tires on our Delta 88 even with its two-barrel carb. Massive torque down low with little emphasis on top end is where I'm coming from.

If I were looking for bigger power (+200 hp) the block would turn into a 440 block and the heads into Edelbrocks or something like that, also the rods would be better and the pistons lightweight forgings. But now you're $1500+ over my very limited imaginary budget. Also, you go bigger on the cam meaning more work on valvetrain and springs, etc. It's a whole 'nother breed of cat.

R.