Quote:

Quote:

Well then Reggie, I guess you didn't read you own press then. He basically was refering more to a "racing type" mill as opposed to a dual purpose mill, which 70% of the members do run/own. Get YOUR facts straight buddy.

And he also said that BORE has the advantage. Dual purpose mills notwithstanding - the larger bore would have the advantage based on his experience. I'll put my money on the Chrysler engineers, who were designing cars for the HP street market - for a living BTW. There sure weren't any 413 Road Runners coming off the production line, and they were "heavy cars" that are supposedly so great for 413s according to the fractured logic in this thread.

In an Feb. '87 HOT ROD magazine article, they took a 1970 Cadillac Coupe De Ville, loaded it with pasengers and other junk to get it to 6,700+ lb and ran a base ET of 17.22 at 80.01 MPH. Then they started removing parts from it in stages to see how it performed - eventually reducing the car to just a 2900 lb frame with a roll bar (for safety) that ran 13.55 at 100.83 MPH. Since there is no argument that the 440 makes more power (you said that yourself), your "413 is better in a heavy car" theory opposes simple physics - buddy...

I'm going to respectfully bow out here since further discussion serves no useful purpose. There is an old saying - "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." The length of this thread serves as evidence of that truth. The only thing that everyone here can agree on is that they disagree. Everyone has their own viewpoint, just like every cow has it's own moo-point - all of which have absolutly no bearing on the facts. The fact is that Chrysler went to larger displacements for performance applications and the 413 was relegated to workhorse duty in trucks, MHs and industrial applications. 413s were great motors for their time, but they were eclipsed in the displacement race. My : If you have a 413 - build it if you want to, and be happy. I would go with Dogdays's recipe if it were me, which would make a nice street motor on the cheap. If you don't already have a 413 - look for a 440. They are much easier to find, and enjoy a whole lot more aftermarket support.

First of all, my apologies for Reggies ignorance
for taking a 68' production model and installing
a mill whose production ended two years earlier.
To the HARDCORE street racers, class racers and
drag enthusiasts, I apologize for HIS OVERSIGHT
ON HIS HISTORY. Second He simply repeated what I
have been saying for a while now. Third, he did make the most sense in pointing out that one
should run what they have and be happy. Thank you
Reggie for your input. However, the Cadillac blog
I am NOT buying that because, of the chassis with
massive amounts of weight and probably the motor
was not "profesionally" built to street/strip
specs (NHRA brackets). Now what I would believe
is an 79 Caddy coupe or even an 82' coupe, with
a 500 cube mill (with Cadillac motorsports pieces)
or, even with a 455 Buick mill. That is much more
feasible, since both coupes weigh less than 4700
lbs. They can be pared down to 3900 lbs (approx)
and still run HARD. Also a 70' Coupe de Ville does
not weight 6700+ lbs., and you would not get a
baseline figure with it "loaded down" either. It
DEFEATS THE MEASUREMENT FOR PERFORMANCE INCREASE
due to it is not a TRUE starting point. YOU ONLY
USE THE DRIVERS WEIGHT!! 6700 lbs is a SEDAN de
VILLE or a 75 SERIES CADDY 4 DOOR. Believe your
own press Reggie, cause I don't. Not on the
Caddy blog, it's a spoof to me.

"Stupidity is Ignorance on Steroids"
"Yeah, it's hopped to over 160" (quote by Kowalski in the movie Vanishing Point 1970 - Cupid Productions)