Quote:

And that's exactly what I'm doing Scott. I really think with all the MH and Idust. 413 that are around and being gathered up. Someone. (KB Maybe?) will wake up and offer some reasonable price and performance pistons to warrant using them again

Why would they? Core 440's are not hard to find and are not that pricey unless you're going for a late 60's dated block. And most muscle car guys are going to want the 440 instead of the 413 just because of the familiarity and image. Just like most guys will want a 340 over a 318 or 360. I agree, the power difference won't be huge, and likely insignificant on the quarter mile. You guys wanting 413 pistons, well yeah if I was in your shoes and had a 413 or two sitting around, I might be interested too. But if I'm starting with scratch and don't have an engine, I'll just limit myself to 440's and even if I pay a few hundred bucks more, at least I can pick a simple off the shelf piston and not even have to think about it. Also FWIW, I've NEVER seen a 413 for sale around here. Seem many 440's, 383's and some 400's but never a 413.