Quote:

Quote:

This is supposed to about engines, not people, stay OT please. Some might interpet your reply as a baiting comment, I will not quote it to allow an edit, should you reconsider

And the OP asks "Are 413 Engines really all that special?" In my opinion, no. There is nothing about them that puts them in any sort of special class, like max-wedge, hemis, 6-pack engines etc.
As far as mopar engines go, they are pretty "average" by most metrics.
Thats not to say they aren't a great engine--most mopar engines are!
But "really all that special" ??? No

oh im sorry.. did I steps on your guys TOES by questioning what a GURU said about 413's? I suggest you re-read the Gurus statements too.. they went a tad beyond the "YES or NO" answer too.

if your bothered to read my first post on this subject.. here it is again for your amusment

"make that 3 Devotees (i think you and AndyF should try building one FIRST before you guys throw out blanket statements). can't build a 413 to go eh? lol. a pontiac 455 has a bore and stroke of 4.15" × 4.21". nobody can deney that in the day it was a wickedly strong engine. 413 has a 4.18" x 3.75" bore and stroke .030" larger bore then the pontiac 455. valve sizes are roughly the same too. I wager that cube for cube.. ie: stroke a 413 to a 4" stroke making 439cid (yes i know custom pistons blah, blah, blah). the way smaller bore 413 will make more horsepower & torque then the larger bore 440. thats a guarantee"