Quote:

Any of you racers want to come to New Brunswick , Canada on Aug 1 , 2008

Extreme Drag Race Adds Stock/Super Stock

Maritime Stock/SuperStock Championship Series set to join forces with Extreme Drag Race Shootout Festivities

It is with great pleasure that the Maritime Stock/SuperStock Championship Series announces they will be joining forces with the Extreme Drag Race Shootout to add a Stock/SuperStock event as part of the festivities August 1 – 3, 2008 at Miramichi Dragway Park.

This unique event will consist of two classes (Stock & Super Stock) whose winners will meet in the final to crown a 2008 EDRS Stock/Super Stock champion. While details of the purse are still being ironed out it appears this will be the highest paying Stock/Super Stock race in Maritime drag racing history.

“I must say we are very excited about the addition of the Maritime Stock/Super Stock program to the Extreme Drag Race line-up.” Explained EDRS Director Chris Biro. “We had the opportunity to meet a few of the class racers in our visits during 2007 and have seen the quality of their machines first hand. What a perfect fit, and rumor has it that some of the Hemi cars and others that are rarely raced in the Maritime area will be making an appearance to help us celebrate this sport as only the EDRS can. What can I say other than I can’t wait till August!”

Once word of this class joining the EDRS started making the rounds the first cars to sign up were the trio of Hemis from Rothesay, New Brunswick owned by the Howes Family. With a SS/AH Hemi Barracuda & SS/AH Hemi Dart to go along with their A/SA Hemi Challenger the Howes’ are excited about the opportunity to race at Miramichi this August. “With the staff at EDRS and RPM Magazine pulling out all the stops to make this the premier drag racing event on the East Coast we would be foolish to miss it.” Said Mark Howes. “The opportunity to race on home soil against some of the fastest and coolest class cars in the area is pretty hard to pass up.”

Pre registration is recommended for this event, as space will fill up quickly. Please follow the link below to register for this event. http://maritimeracers.proboards33.com/in...read=1203970826

The 2008 Maritime Stock/SuperStock Championship will be open to all NHRA and IHRA Stock/ SuperStock class cars

Thanks for posting this, if any one has any questions my email is razor1966@rogers.com , I will get answers for you ASAP.

Also we will have race packages ready for download shortly. They will explain crossing the border so it is 99% hassle free. As long as you dont have a criminal record (or are JAMA Racing Ministries) you should have no problems coming up here.

I dont know this Class really well, so I am definitely looking forward to seeing up close and personal. Anytime a Hemi is involved, it has to be good. I know Chris was right pumped when he told me about it.