Originally Posted by 2boltmain
Many who are not capable of using their hands to fix there own stuff view the people who CAN fix it in this way: They think that John-Bill-Steve enjoys fixing old cars and therefore - "Because its his hobby and he loves wrenching- he wont charge me much to fix my car." The when they get the bill their true self comes out. Never mind that these same people are probably very well off financially- they want thousands of dollars worth of work performed on their car but only want to pay $600 for everything.

I've had two several years back that I would still like to find in an dimly lit alley with no cameras. There have been a few more but these two needed to have their testicles in place of the tonsils.
This is a short version of one:
After six months of BS emails, in which I offered to address ALL of his imaginary concerns, (but he would not bring the vehicle in). I finally asked What do you want? I offered to meet him anywhere ( even the LOCAL PD) with all receipts and daily log sheets. If you still think I wronged you, give me a reasonable number and I'll pay you on the spot.
He responded with: that's not possible. I have many questions and concerns. I will present those as I see fit. When you have answered all to MY SATISFACTION, I will then decide how we'll settle this.
I responded, withdrawing all previous offers and told him I was done.
Two weeks later I receive a certified letter that I am being sued.
Great, now I have to get an attorney involved. Ca'ching🤑. Fortunately a friends FIL offered to help at a reduced rate.
BTW to total invoice was only 9K. My Attorney said it was total BS as there was no $$ in it for anyone.

So we go through all the BS and two days before the deposition they make an offer of 3500. My attorney advises to take it as the costs are going to be more if we proceed to trial.
So I do. They back out.
onto deposition. We go through the Q&A BS, his attorney looks at my 4 inch binder of doc's. I also happen to keep very detailed records wink
they offer 6k. I said not gonna happen. BUT, you made and offer 3 days ago, I accepted. Your client backed out.
I am a man of my word and will still honor that agreement.
His attorney just about grabbed the weasel by his shirt collar and took him outside the room. They came back in and said they would accept the offer.
I cut a check on the spot.
BUT WAIT THEIR'S MORE
About 8 weeks later the phone rings and the Caller ID is my attorney 👎😮. I'm like now what???? He said it was a DONE DEAL!!!
So I answer the phone. He says I've been meaning to call you. OK? He proceeds to tell me Scrote's attorney called him and was making small talk. My attorney finally asked why are you calling?
Scrote's attorney says you remember that case a couple of months back? Yes, what about it? Did your client ever pay you?
My attorney said yes, every time I sent an invoice I received a prompt payment. Why are you asking?
My client (Scrote) is claiming he is being billed for poor representation REALLY??? Hmm same 💩 he claimed with me, poor workmanship and substandard parts.
I asked can I hire his attorney to make this little (censored) life's MISERABLE???
He said let it go Tim wink He then said BTW I asked his attorney what his total bill was. 4850.00. So it cost the little SOB 1350.00 to sue me 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Karma is a wonderful thing smile I lost the labor and parts mark up but was left with enough to pay for the parts and wages.
Ironically, if he had met me at the local PD or wherever, 3500 is the number I had in mind all along.

For anyone wondering about his name, Scrote M. Edwards was a moniker we gave him whistling
I had thought abought signing him up for every thing I could, Singles mags, LBGT mags, Pedo mags, maybe a couple record type clubs etc. Once those people get a name and address it can be YEARS before one drops off the list
Hope someone enjoys the story beer