Originally Posted by Sniper
Summit branded offset dowels are even less than RobbMc

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/bellhousing-dowel-pins?N=dowel-pin-diameter-in%3A0-500-in

Just an FYI Sniper, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong wink
the summit pins are oversized at .500 which work well in a ford but Mopar's use a .496 diameter pin. If one does get them in you're not going to turn them. Additionally, the same is true for the bell housing side/holes as I found out yesterday spank spank
So to use the "Other guys" pins one will have to polish them down with some aggressive paper (80 grit) and a lathe, drill press or such. DO REMEBER you have to do BOTH ends of the Dowel. If not when installing the bellhousing it may push the offset side of the dowel partially into the block causing it to seize as I found out yesterday, My D/A fault for not thinking this through spank again. Fortunately this only happened on 1 of the 2 pins and it was the lower more accessible one.
After seizing, it broke one allen driver bit while trying to rock it back and forth. OK get another. The sides of the allen socket on the dowel then split/ fractured. THANK GOD FOR CARBIBDE BITS 🙏
So what should have been a 2-3 hour job at most turned into about 8-9. down

The RobMc pins are a two piece design in which the dowel in the block is separate from the bellhousing dowel. Once installed you rotate the bellhousing half of the pin to where you want it and the lock it down with the internal screw. Last night I would have paid 300.00 for a pair of those pins. ROBMC PIN LINKY
I tried ordering them yesterday but no one answered frown
From my limited searching he and Brewers appear to be the only offering the correct size pins. It was too late for Brewers.
And I alos thought about John RR as he said he had them but again to late to get them o/nited
So Today I will give the summit ones another shot with both ends turned down to the .496 diameter. Wish me luck wink beer