Holy crap! Some people should NOT be allowed to work on big block A-body's! I didn't read the whole thing but was the car complete and running before the clutch change? It is all straight forward with factory parts, which are all known and available except the bell housing that needs to be sourced, which is the 372 bell but also the 370 bell works just missing the hole for the spring which I didn't see in any of your pictures. I would NEVER use a diaphram clutch, no reason for it except less effort, but you can use a hydraulic throwout bearing if you have a weak knee. A mirror finish flywheel? Are they stoned or stupid? And not turning a used flywheel is also insane. I wish I was close by I could then tell why the bellcrank is at an angle, couldn't tell with the pictures. I do have pictures of my factory set-up, but it will take a bit to find them. In the picture of the parts I see a cut-up factory big block A-body bell crank and a small block bell crank. The ball stud bracket is a factory A-body piece also.

101_1411.JPG
Last edited by Rhinodart; 08/14/23 09:04 PM.

The funny thing about science is that if you change one miniscule parameter you change the entire outcome to the way you want it.

JB Rhinehart, Realist

A-Body's RULE!