Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Originally Posted by TJP
I made a dummy shaft out of 1" plastic rod boring both ends to fit the OD of the pivot balls. This allowed me to install an the mounts and shaft much easier and better see the misalignment. After trying several different things to no avail, there was a new BH mount in the parts box that came in with the car. I installed it with the dummy shaft. I proceeded to cut one of the braces closest to the pivot stud on the back of the mount. Removing a bit of material from the brace allowed me to tweak the Pivot position enough to where the dummy shaft slips all the way back and forth with no binding.
I'll weld it up tomorrow and continue with the remaining assembly. What a PITA.
Thanks again to all for the support and I am praying that the issue is history.
Will follow up once running and the clutch is tested up beer

Sounds like a smart way to figure it out! Hope it works this time, keep us posted!

After welding and painting the Z bar went right in and appears to be pretty well centered smile The hack job on the exhaust was another issue. Whomever thought of slotted on size fits all flanges should be castrated so they can't pass on their moronic thinking. Couple those with a 1/8" or so flanged lip for sealing, and a larger ID pipe than the manifold and one has a real challenge trying to line up the pipes and gaskets to the manifold.
Finally used two different sized OD sleeves to slip over each other centering the manifold and pipe. This of course required a different gasket which had to be sourced and the hole spacing modified. I'm about ready to start drinking again shock rolleyes

Did you snap a picture of the modified bracket ?

Good work getting it back to working properly.

running up my post count some more .