I bought a H code 1969 GTS in the early 1990s minus the original motor, tranny and shifter, console, and tach and exhausts system, I didn't know at that time it was GTS due to the car having all the GTS emblems and decals remove long before I bought it the first time. I ended up putting a late 383 4 speed motor and A body 4 speed in the car with a bunch of mismatched clutch linkage parts and a scatter shield with a 11.0 inch racing type clutch and pressure plate I had at that time, needless to say it didn't work well and was hard to shift smoothly down whiney I found out it was a GTS, not a GT shock, on the day the new owner picked the car up by decoding the original fender tag work
I ended up buying it back later and started trying to put it back to like it was built, the other owner had replaced the old misfitting mechanical clutch linkage with a hydraulic clutch kit which I didn't like. I bought new OEM clutch linkage parts from Brewers, I think, and replace the scatter shield and 11.0 inch clutch with a 1965 B body 10.5 inch clutch bellhousing and a Center Force diaphragm type street clutch and pressure plate. That helped a bunch on the shifting cleanly.
My message is it looks like to me that you have a bunch of mismatch parts that aren't working well together, I took one picture of my car the way it is now, not perfect with all the OEM parts but is has everything except the original 383 bell housing which does affect the original type Z bar alignment, see the attach picture. scope
I wish I could take a picture of the Z bar and clutch rod, but I can't right now, sorry blush
The clutch rod alignment is critical, it needs to be straight and level to work properly, my Z bar is misaligned a little bit probably due to the wrong year bell housing realcrazy shruggy, it should be straight across from the ball on the bell housing, not a little bit misaligned like it is now down whiney
IHTHs luck
There is one thing you should check closely on the clutch disc to flywheel clearance, it should have at least .030 or more clearance between the flywheel and clutch disc with the clutch pedal depress all the way to the floor. scope wrench up
Please let us know what you find and due to fix it luck

SANY0018.JPG
Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/15/23 02:25 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)