Originally Posted by Rhinodart
Holy crap! Some people should NOT be allowed to work on big block A-body's! I didn't read the whole thing but was the car complete and running before the clutch change? It is all straight forward with factory parts, which are all known and available except the bell housing that needs to be sourced, which is the 372 bell but also the 370 bell works just missing the hole for the spring which I didn't see in any of your pictures. I would NEVER use a diaphram clutch, no reason for it except less effort, but you can use a hydraulic throwout bearing if you have a weak knee. A mirror finish flywheel? Are they stoned or stupid? And not turning a used flywheel is also insane. I wish I was close by I could then tell why the bellcrank is at an angle, couldn't tell with the pictures. I do have pictures of my factory set-up, but it will take a bit to find them. In the picture of the parts I see a cut-up factory big block A-body bell crank and a small block bell crank. The ball stud bracket is a factory A-body piece also.

Thank you responding, And yes it was frown
I am thinking the angled Z bar is likely due to the Repro BH mount. But I have not checked the BH numbers yet but will tomorrow wink

I have found the Z bar from southwest performance, 1 style of BH stud mount also from SW (First pic), and another from Hoffmans winners circle (2nd pic).

I'm thinking the SWP Z bar is likely what is in the car. I likely have 2 different BH brackets but have to confirm. They both have weldments But I'm not sure if they are on both sides. The one in the car does. Why things are cockeyed I don't know and won't until I start taking things apart. I do wish the stock Z bar wasn't butchered and the stock BH bracket was in the pile but BUBBA must've needed them for his race car. 🔥🔥
My main concern is the Z bar arm length from the center of the tube to the center of the pin on the upper arms. If any one has that measurement I could use it to verify the repro z bar is correct or rework the stock on that is missing it's upper one. The rest I believe I can work around.
Thanks to all and I Will keep reporting,
Again any input is welcome beer

Old vers.pngCapture  New.JPG
Last edited by TJP; 08/14/23 10:14 PM.