First off, a bigthank you to all that replied. up
The car is an original big block GTS
*My understanding is the 1st shop DID NOT resurface the Flywheel when installing the Mcleod
clutch.
*The second shop did with the LUK clutch.
* Both shops monkeyed with the Linkage/ Z bar.
*There are 2- Z bars in the trunk along with a multitude of linkage parts/mounts
*I have installed over a 100 Centerforce clutches in a many different Pre 1980 makes and models with only 1 issue. Long story but once it was removed the issue was apparent and an admitted error on their part frown
* I also have never seen a mirror finish on a flywheel. New, Used, or Resurfaced. I do know "Street Clutches" normally require a 500 or so miles of normal driving to break the clutch in. This, was taught to me years ago, this wears the rough surface on the PP & FW down while transferring clutch materiel to both.
*I thought possibly this was a new technology or something applicable to Race only applications shruggy
*Good thought on the input bearing retainer, it is the correct one. Had more than one bit by that one on chevy's. One was quite funny as I suggested a blow-proof and said owner said no as it was a #'s matching car, 6 mo's later it needed a new trans due to the mentioned issue. It BTW had a truck bellhousing with a larger opening 🙄 🤣

What really Dyson's(keeping it clean,LOL) is I have 2 new clutch assembly's with less than 25 miles on them and I can't use either with any level of confidence.

My thoughts at this time are
1. Try to seat the clutch in by taking off in 2nd or 3rd gear without getting it too hot. Or
2. New PP, disc, flywheel and clutch linkage
I'll attach a few pic's of what was in the trunk. I should mention there is another hacked up clutch linkage still in the car frown I did note inside the Mcleod box was a warning label (see pic below) whistling. I do not know if it was better, worse, or the same with that clutch. But at the present time I would anticipate spot welds starting to break within a very short time.
IT IS THAT BAD.

Any other thoughts, opinions or input is welcomed up

DSC04211.JPGDSC04215.JPGDSC04216.JPGDSC04220.JPG