Quote:
Quote:

Simple fix: use a flashlight, then it's just up to watching the rear tires to determine going red

Quote:
This makes no sense to me. Scot was whining about Kye "jumping" on the last episode but "in my opinion" what does it matter what your rear wheels do if the front end doesn't move ?!? In any event with lights its the front end that determines a "red", you could theoretically sit there with your line lock on spinning the rear wheels and you don't get a red until the front wheels break the beam!!

you're talking about cars that go 1.0X to the 60ft....
so how long would it take for that car to travel the few inches to break the beam?
one the back tire moves, the car is in motion, because it would be nearly impossible for those cars to not have ANY forward movement, when the back tire moves.

I guess you guys missed the episode. Kye was declared the winner when the video clearly showed the light was on before he moved. HOWEVER, Scott made them look at a rear video that showed tire movement before the light. So contrary to what you guys say, there is a fraction of a second where the rear tire has motion in it but the front has not yet reacted.

And in this case, there is no "beam", it was a street race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxmuzdPNvJg

Last edited by Stanton; 04/09/18 06:01 PM.