The debate rages on. When is a car not a car (or the same car)
The answer can only be defined by the people involved in the application, for the application. Chief was about to tell Reaper the rules for the list, but Reaper interrupted him. So, we didn’t get to hear the “list” rules. I would think that in his mind (Chief) the rules are different, because he said, “Those aren’t our rules, those are cash days rules. Our rules...”

No promods, factory VIN, steel roof & quarters were Limpy’s rules for cash days. As far as what the list rules are, that has never been defined on the show that I can recall. One would assume that since it has been stated that the list exists for cash days, that cash days rules would be followed.
When this promod thing all came about, the definition of promod was, and is hard to differentiate. The saying ,”I know one when I see it.” was to loose, so the rules became:

No promods. (No definition)
Factory VIN. (Nothing saying for THIS actual car)
Steel roof and quarters.

Well, it doesn’t LOOK like a promod. Look at Lutz’s Camaro, “mad max” and compare. Would it pass nhra tech for a promod? No.
It does have a GM stamped VIN. Not from this car, but if that’s the sticking point, then there are a few others that are not legal for cash days also.
Steel roof and quarters? Got em. No definition of how much needs to be there.

In my world, It’s fairly clear that the spirit of the rules was broken, but the loose definitions make the car legal FOR CASH DAYS.

They did the right thing (part way) and had an open vote on legality for the list. Where they fell short, was not having that same vote for every car on the list right then and there. Also letting everyone know the actual list rules.

"use it 'till it breaks, replace as needed"