Originally Posted By TRENDZ
Originally Posted By Dave Hall
Think about that... PS drivers are leaving with the clutch. I know they would be better than these tools...

Well, Big Chief kinda blew that theory in the mega race episode.

Here’s the way I see it... Chief has realized and capitalized on what has been missing in drag racing since the 70s. PERSONALITY. Knowing the drivers makes watching the race MUCH more fun to watch.
We discussed this at work. Most guys I work with like drag racing, but most won’t go to the track unless they know someone that’s racing. If I, or anyone else at work, go to the track to even make time runs, the track gets at least 5 extra gate entry’s. Think about this, then multiply viewership by actual track/gate participation. Now add in the fact that these cars are no joke.

I see Chief as trying to recreate the Jungle Jim/ Jungle Pam days. People knew them and came out just to see them. Even if you hate them, you may come out just to see them get stomped... but you’ll still be there. They prove that at every venue they attend.
Love them or hate them, the personalities help you relate to the races we are all watching.

+1 Personally i couldn't really get into any of the guys on the NOLA version and hence I didn't like it. The guy with the Chevelle was ok, kind of like dominator, the lovable shoot himself in the foot guy. Plus the only muscle car.

While I wouldn't celebrate with a flat hat or saying 'what? what? what?' the emotion among them was fun to watch last night.

70 Sport Fury
68 Charger
69 Coronet
72 RR