Quote:

Quote:

eric, i have problem that only a few on this board can relate to.

on my dragster, 4 link rocker arm setup, with the (apparently) first generation afco shocks.

the car worked really good with previous owners setup 565 bbc and glide, mine is a 499 mopar/glide.

the car 60s pretty consistent, but the 60-330 #s change. when the track is hot and slick it actually runs quicker. i jetted the carb up and rulled out fuel. lowered top bar in the front with no change.

ideas on shock adjustments here, or replacement of shock is possible.

my ideas for this spring, move battery out of nose, to put more weight on rear tires, raise launch chip from 4600, add more rear gear from 4.10 to 4.29 to hit tire harder.

any ideas appreciated.

I don't know that I would move the battery. Seems to me it would make the problem worse. If I understand correctly a slick track is a fast track for you. So adding bite with weight or by lowering the top four link bar is going to make the car hook harder and lower the wheel speed. I have some of the same issues but my 60 ft is affected. I run faster with less bite. I tried several converters ranging 1,500 in stall speed. Big stall would get the RPM up but would suffer 60 ft and MPH and stabilize the 60-330 increment. I want to try a tighter converter in my application and take bite out. I think you may have a decent converter just need to get rid of some bite as long as you don't loose 60ft. Just me thinking out loud.

leon

I would think he would need to lower the IC but still
maintain about the same IC length... with the lower
IC it hits the tire less BUT holds the hit longer
so I would have to ask what is the IC length and height
now... with lowering the top bar all you did was
shorten the IC length which does lift more weight
from farther back