Quote:

You said linear shock for autocross. Would you also suggest linear valving also for this car in a Road Race application (Willow Springs)?

What kind of rate range at given IPS of adjustable shocks should I be looking for? Like between the 16, 13, 38, and 32 series which fits the range you suggest? Which ones are linear, digressive, progressive?

What about a non adjustable shock starting point?

Autox,

Tracks like Willow Springs or any faster road course will like the linear valving as well. The heavier the car, the more we can work with shocks to help performance....(Sporty cars are already built for handling, shocks are important to them but really important to guys running American Muscle on road courses)

Regarding valve ranges....we have seen a need to have shocks dampen at rates of 600#'s@6 IPS..That is over 1000# at 10-13 IPS. so I think you could look for a shock to be in this area as a good starting point to begin..Again, how serious your effort is and how aggressive you drive will help shape the shock. The good thing is shocks can be valved to do many different things when you have the shim stack/needle & seat design.

On the question of non-adjustable shocks, a shock package can be built that will give good service. However, you are fixed with that valving. In the case of one shock company I know rather well, one can purchase single adjustable shocks at a similar price and get more bang for the buck..