Quote:

Eric

Thanks for coming here and helping out . Shocks seem to be one of those subjects that almost everyone has an opinion on but in reality only a few actually know much about.

I've asked this question in a PM to one of the "experts" here and all I got a smart a$$ pm reply. So I'll try again.

My car is a 3260# 69 Dart, 54%F/46%R weight distribution, street/strip, pump gas 408 that runs high 6.50s in the 1/8, foot brake, 727 with a loose 9.5" converter, Dana with 4.10 gears, 325/50 MT ET Street Radials. Consistently goes 1.38-1.39 60'on a decent track. It will pick the front tires up about 10" and carry them out about 10' before sitting them down. On a bad track I have problems hooking, it will spin at the hit.

It has Cal Tracs with Rancho 9 ways on the rear and CE 3 ways on the front, set at 90/10. The front has 5.5" of travel.

Can I expect a significant gain by going to double adjustables on all four corners? How much will they help on a bad track? What adjustments would need to be made to for a bad track?

Justin, I'm not Eric, but I do have a lot of experience with radial tired cars. Your car obviously works well, but radials are extremely surface sensitive, if you have power. They just won't work on a bad track. The problem is, you can't just "smack" a radial, like you can a slick, so on a bad track, all the things you do with slicks to hit them harder, don't help the radial. About the only recourse is calm the car down. Sure 60fts suffer, but that is what it takes to get a radial down a crappy track.

As far as the good shocks. I think they help tremendously and will make the car much more "repeatable", but while they may help, they won't fix a truly bad track, not for radials anyway.

I tune on a lot of radial cars, some tracks we go teens in 60ft, some tracks we can only go .30s in 60ft and I have had to back off to .40s at certain tracks.

Monte

Monte