Quote:

I have Afco double adjustables on all four corners. Great shocks, looking to get the most out of them. I have the car in the sig obviously, 3000 lbs, ladder bars 30 inches long, leave off trans brake at 4500 Vs a 6400 stall. The weight dist is now 47.5 rear 52.5 front. I have started testing with the rears soft on extension, medium on compression and have progressed to about the middle of their adjustment for stiffness, seems to be about right as the 60 fts went from 1.28 down to 1.259 and got very consistent. Fronts are still dead soft on extension , fairly stiff on compression to help with the landing.
Where would you go from here? The car wheelstands and hits the 66 inch wheelie bars fairly hard. I have about four inches of travel up front.
My thoughts are to start stiffening the shock rebound a touch, then after finding a good point for that start shortening front travel, which is about four inch of rise. Any change to that plan?

I think you are headed in the right direction...I tend to like to initially control front end travel with the shock...It is a more passive way to limit travel when compared to a chain, cable stop or bolt in the upper arm. In your case, tighten the front shocks on rebound until the car slips the tire. The 60' numbers could improve but I am betting that if we continue to hook the HP you have without hitting the bars as hard, we will improve the overall package. Each time we hit the bars, load is relieved from the tire contact patch. Sometimes greater than others...Extreme cases will induce slip.

Also, the rebound on the rear shocks can change how hard you hit the bars too. Stiffening them will slow down separation (which is what we need to manufacture enough traction) Double edge sword. Work with the front shocks first. Find the maximum setting the car will stand and then go back to the rears and make some adjustments. Worse case is it spins, you re-adjust the shocks (back)and go kick some ass!