Up here all we have is bracket racing.Thats it!! I run IHRA Pro class and use a tranz brake.The guys that choose to footbrake its their choice to do that.I have never seen a car caught with any illegal eletronics,not saying there are most likly cars that do have devices.At the track we race at there is no one that is winning every weekend.No one winning all the shootouts.I even have won and alot of the races I will go a few rounds.I gess what I am getting at is if there are guys using illegal devices to win races,they suck at setting them up. All I do is race my lane- my dial in. If I do my job I win.Most of the time I don't even know who or what kind of car is in the other lane.
What has bit me in the butt is tracks that have their own set of rules that differ from IHRA or NHRA and other tracks.
One was my dial in was wrong and I caught the mistake before I even got close to the staging lights.I had the starter change the dial and raced the race and won only to be protested by the other driver because I changed the dial in after the burnout.I always thought you could change the dial in only if the dial in is differant than the one on the car and before you pre staged.Had to rerace the guy and beat him again. The secound was a guy double bulbed me and I made him wait.The starter counted me out and gave me a red light and the other guy won.I protested it and showed them there is no real time restrant on how long you have before you prestage. Re-ran the race and the guy was alot more calmer about jumping into the stage beams.
I will not race at a NHRA track because I have a tranz brake and they make me race in the eletronics class.My car is set up to race with the brake and I am not smart enough to footbrake the car. I would like to see all the tracks to adopt a set of rules for speacial races so all cars in both IHRA and NHRA can race no matter what track the race is held.The Mopar deal at Lebonon Valley a friend of mine and I would race but we both have tranz brakes and will not race against box cars.So there goes 2 cars and how many more?
Is it cheating to run a 2009 car in the pro class that has traction control - eletronic ignition - computers and turns a head turning 18 secound pass? This sucks because all they have to do is get on the light and cut a good reaction time and the car will do the rest no matter if the weather has changed or someone dumped water on the track.They just have to drive. This has happened at the shoot outs at both the tracks I race at.
Now everyone says lets make it a pro tree heads up.Balloney
They set up classes and you can not be faster the the set number for that class.So lets say its 10.5 to 10.99.The car that just runs 10.99 and most of the time runs 11.1 will be gone in the first few rounds.The guy that has the car that runs 10.30s will win the race.Seen that this summer a couple of times.Is that cheating?
Start putting a lot of new rules or take away the delay boxs and make everyone run the same class you will see no cars.What we have is not the best but it works.

If the MODS did their job I would not be hitting the notify MOD button. LOL