Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh and does anybody know where the counter was placed?

I heard that it needs to be placed at a wheel or hub where the tire won't spin or be lifted off the track.

Didn't somebody post a link on moparts recently showing a "tree reader" that can be used to determine the differences between vehicle and driver reaction time? It did have a disclaimer that it is not allowed in IHRA, NHRA, etc. competition. But with today's technology, miniturization and the likely potential to wire it into a delay box, an electronics wiz can adapt it and conceal it in a race car, or camcorder.

not only that, but with letting tbrakes into no box that opens up another can of worms. I was talking to Paul the other day and he was telling me how they could adjsut the solenoid to act like a delay box so how in the world can they police that?

Thats very easy to do, however I would question wether its considered a "delay" device or not. Not alot different than some companies brakes being faster than another, and vice versa. Would it be cheating for me to swap in a slower trans brake in a trans brake allowed class? Is it cheating to change front tires to change the roll out? How about letting air out of the tires?

With a TF brake you dont have alot of options. With a glide break there is a way to easily adjust the release speed of the brake on certain models. It may not be easy to do in the middle of competition but its definatly feasible to set up the car during testing and get it set to where your "spot" is on the tree. No way will it slow it down enough to leave off the top yellow.

Also as far as the 5.0 buttons and the long throw buttons, by the wording of the rules written they are not a delay device, there is no delay in the fact when the switch is released to the activation.

Also up here in our no box class its illegal to run a relay to your transbrake, they consider that a delay device.