I used to read the old Bracket Racing USA Magazine regularly. In one of the articles they wrote about a winner at a big money race, in a fast dragster being protested. He would not allow the inspectors to look at the car after the fact, and high tailed it out of the track. I heard somewhere that if caught with sensors on the front wheels or other forms of cheating (not sandbagging) you would be banned from racing at NHRA tracks forever. Good rule.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with sandbagging. You still have to run the number you put on the window, without any aid. I think (like Steve) that you put yourself at a huge disadvantage by sandbagging more than a hundredth or two. The machine (your car or bike) wants to do the exact same thing every time down the track if the conditions (track, weather, tune, etc) are the same. Taking your foot out of it or trying to back into someone at the other end is very difficult. You also have to assume they are not holding time, and are running right on their dial or slower.

Steve and Doug are right. NSS has it all for knuckle-dragging foot-breakers like us. Have a great day.