I agree that a lot of the fun factor has disappeared a lot of it has to do with the NHRA Division always changing the classes. When I started racing there were 4 classes S/P, Pro, Heavy and Street now there are three S/P. Pro and Street in Division One and the ET breaks are always changing. Pro used to be its own Class 11.00 to 11.99 now its the old Heavy 9.00 to 17.99 no electronics.Street is now 11.50 to 19.99. IMO 9.00 cars don`t belong in Pro but the track operators seemed to think there were alot of 9 second cars sitting because they didn`t want to put delay boxes in. Why can`t they just leave the classes alone? I ran Pro/ Heavy for years but when they started allowing 9 second cars in IMO it wasn`t fun anymore with my mid 10 second car. Last year I slowed my car down, put DOT tires on the front, Hoosier QTPs on the rear and now run 11.50s in Street Eliminator and am having fun racing again and I`ve qualified for the Bracket Finals the last two years, being one of the fastest cars in the Class makes it fun again also. At my local track there is a lot of self policing and we all know most everyone. The racers themselves keep a pretty good eye on each other. One of the tech guys is also a regular racer and has a good idea what to look for. A longtime racer in the Eastern Pa area was caught with a delay box racing in Pro ( no electronics) I heard he got a ban as he should have but I don`t know what it was. I also agree that some guys are way to serious and take the fun away. There will always be people trying to cheat and you can`t rely on the tracks or association to police it fully. The track operators are having a hard enough time attracting cars in some cases let alone chasing cars away. If you suspect cheating speak up to the track operator or tech guys.

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV