Quote:

It is cheating when the rules define what they are doing as cheating, traction control is not allowed in several proffesional classes but not in bracker racing the last time I check the rulle book. I wasn't loooking at traction control per se but I don't think it is prohibited in the bracket classes. As far as the use of lasers fill us in on that one please

I think the lasers being refered to is the optical sensors that can pick up the top, or any bulb actually, and trigger the delay box to launch the car.
With todays tech, I can sit in the stands and launch a car, using a remote start unit. If I toss in an optical sensor, it can be pointed at the tree, then when the tree comes down, it reads it, activates the delay box, and "poof" the car leaves. Same deal as the post awhile back about the "camera" being pointed at the tree; then once someone stepped in front of the camera (blocking the tree) the car didn't leave.
Nobody wanted to listen 20 yrs ago when the boxes started going into the cars. Now the doors are open and the horses are out of the barn - good luck catching them. Solution - 2 classes. (1) NO electronics (2) Everything goes - boxes, crosstalks, throttle stops, traction controls optical sensors, GPS, - whatever it takes for you to get down the track. Let your wallet race the races.

R.I.P. Bracket Racing Hello Electronics 1320

Free advice and worth every penny...
Factory trained Slinky rewinder.........