Many people have been labeled as a cheater and banned for ever from sanctioning bodies for using items that were NOT illegal at the time.

Reason being the rules hadnt caught up with them yet.

Years ago there were several races using delay boxes before anyone had a clue what they were. Do you think they were running around telling everyone. Nope, they were cashing their checks. At least one of them went on to form a company that sells delay boxes exclusivly

As for the fella leaving a big money event without collecting his check. Im sure you are referring to the Moroso event. I talked with some there, and they mentioned this. It didnt matter if the guy was cheating or not at that point, the crowd had already labeled him as such and were going to tear him and his car in half. It was explained to me, he literally was more afraid for his life, than he was worried about the few grand.

I have no knowledge if he was cheating or not, I wonder why an innocent person would run. But looking at it like that I can understand it. I do believe this same racer was later banned from IHRA, with 12 others over allegations that were never proven.

The entire thing is great reading, and interesting. I suppose very few know the real truth.

But some of the truth is the Matty box, was legal for a LONG time, before it was discovered.