Quote:

Who mentioned racing the Roadster...????? I would build a serious door car if the brackets were separated... But I wouldn't build a door car to compete with pipe racks

Doorcars can do very well against diggers. IMO, a roadster is the best of both worlds. Lightweight with great visibility and good aerodynamics.
Ask any dragster owner including me, I would rather run another dragster then a slower short wheel based car as the dragster is MUCH easier for me to judge.

I was mowin' down with the Dart last season at Sunshine. It was the same week as Div2 at Bradenton and all the "hitters", ie, Bogacki, Williams x2, Don O'neal, etc loaded 8 pipe racks in a stacker and came up. When I lost in the 5th it was purely my fault. Having raced against faster dragster's all night I was not entering their dial ins into the box. Well in the 5th I looked at the scoreboard my dial 5.42 dragster dial 5.51. I looked at them plain as day and never dawned on me I was the faster car. .080 red, would've been a .010 light to his high teen I was deadon my dial