My first love is NHRA SST.. 10.90, heads up, pro-tree, 2800 lbs, electronics galore...I love it. It doesn't pay well, chasing the division points is going to leave you in the red, and all you have to show for it is your reputation, your record in the standings, and the fun you had at the end of the year. Cheating would severely hamper your reputation, for little gain, so the motivation factor isn't really there, and NHRA Divisionals, and Nationals certainly have more tech available than the typical local bracket race. That being said, is SST clean? no cheaters? Absolutely not! Someone is always running around saying, "I'm going to the Division Director! So and So still has a bottle in his car, or So and So is running light and they haven't scaled us in 2 races, or So and So still has his tach wire hooked to his delay box!!"
I could care less because run sheets are available for every single pass down the track,(something I think big money brackets should have) and when you take the time to study them, they quickly show that everyone is human, and everyone has variances, and I feel it's a level playing field, don't sweat the small stuff!!
Everytime I lose a race, I look at my side of the time slip FIRST!! Usually the reason I didn't get a win light is found on THAT side!!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines