I think the main problem running lean is for high HP motors. The lower power motors will take longer to be affected by a lean condition, less overall heat. I also think by getting a really good homogenius mixture will allow you to run leaner with less problems because you eliminate hot spots during combustion, or at least reduce them. I left the exhaust valve rotators on this motor to help keep them more even tempertures. The area between the seats is where these heads like to crack so I polished that area to reduce stress risers and hot spots there. I have a list of stuff I would like to do to it still but I am broke and I think I have snatched up the simplest improvements, everything else is going to be like pulling hens teeth, cept mabey the OD trans.

A friend is offering to pay my way to the Chrysler classic in BG for my 30th bday so I might get to run in the 1/4 and see how fast it is. I am torn bout them lettin the brand Xrs in though.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!