The reason I would mabey use the E-85 is I can bump compression up a bunch and with increased compression comes increased efficency and it should offset a bunch of the differance. Flex fuel vehicles will always suck a bunch more ethenol than gas.

I have driven the 80s cars with 2.20 gears and they were fast enough for this experiment and my engine should be more efficent at low rpms with a good tight quench and small bore. I have an 8.75 rear with 2.76 gears and going 80 mph it could already stand another gear shift. I can find no higher gear for the 8.75. Lots of newer cars are under 2000 at 60 even 70. The A-500 has the low gears in it and I want one in there any how.

I was thinking of the offy dual port intake because the small primary runners should really keep velocity up at the low rpm cruise range. I don't have one of these yet though. I do have a street dominator, and LD4B and a factory single plane 2bbl.

The 302 head would be a good idea, any one want to throw a set my way? I'll trade for a set of cracked mags!

I was thinking the mags also because I had them. I have seen 1.88s on a .030 bore 273 and they were almost touching the bore, that is why I was thinking .060 over.

I have a cast crank and they are lighter, thats why I thought I'd use it.

The only rods I have are factory magnums, hence the thought of useing chinese I beams.

I don't have a spare 318 block sitting around but people should be able to use one for a clone with similar results.

I think the tq peak of 273 and 318 2bbls were both around 2000. I would be attempting to bring it down a hair from there.

I think HP will be livable I am not woried about that, the HP will take care of itself. I don't expect it to be a fast ride with this motor.

A belly pan is a good idea, I think I can figure that out.

I recently put an electric fan on the car but have not checked miledge since. It really suprised me how little I have to run it to keep the current motor cool.

Keep the sugestions comeing you guys are throwing out some good ideas.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!