Quote:

Quote:

would be really cool if someone with some good fab skills would take and put the injectors (accel cone spray petter ones) all on one rail inside the beer barrel pointing each one directly at the entrance of the port. This would give more time for the fuel to vaporize before going in the chamber. That is one reason EFI in general don't get better mpg.

This makes no sense. the injector itself atomizes the fuel. injecting at the top of the port can lead to fuel droplets falling out of suspension. at high flow volumes injecting at the port entrance would be good as the charge velocity would be high, but for idleing it would be awful.

Take apart a magnum motor with about 200,000 miles and look in the port and tell me the injector atomizes the fuel. The port is almost always clogged with deposits except a little clean valley through the crud where the fuel runs down the port in a steady stream, never becomeing ariborn. Ever wonder why the comparble chevys and fords always got better miledge? Also why would injecting the fuel at the entrance of the port hurt idle so bad? My carb idles smooth as glass and the fuel is introduced before the entrance to the port. The high vaccume helps vaporize the fuel at idle keeping it in suspension pretty good.

In response to the guy saying to throw the car in neutral at a stop, everyone take cover People seem to be pretty strong on either side of the fence on this one. I just turn the idle so low it almost makes no differance if your in gear or not, shows about 1 inch differance from neutral to drive. If you are makeing less vacume it will pull less fuel into the engine at idle. Coasting in neutral will help to but some guys disagree about that also, more

We may never get our own forum but ther is a nice thread in the archives

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!