OK...I am losing sleep at night, and this is part of the reason. I have a 64 Valiant Signet. I am debating a mimic of sorts on Dave's idea here. I have 2 318's to choose from...one Mag and one 302 headed roller from the late 80's. Dave utilised the 273 solid cam. Will it hurt this project to run a roller? And if not, what kind of specs (duration, LSA, lift) should I be looking for? Target CR with quench? Will the benefit of a few less pounds also help? I can go wherever I want with this in some ways...and am seriously thinking that I will go 4-speed. 833 with 2.7-2.9's, or 833OD with 3.2-3.5's? Or chuck it all and do the same thing with a \6? I keep thinking that the theory of light recip assembly gets blown out the window with the 225, as that crank with it's 4.25" stroke ain't light, and it gets tougher to get a cam with specific specs, and exhaust becomes more costly to make it work efficiently (1 of Dutra's manifolds is the same price as Harold's Spitfires...) as well as carb/induction limitations. Just thinking out loud and looking for a bit of feedback before I start into it...

Thanks.

2 Demons...no, not my kids!