Quote:

I think maybe the 4bbl cop-motor also had the larger chamber 360 heads (308 casting?) which caused the lower compression.
What do you guys think of asking for an "economy" forum on Moparts where we could share results on different combos and ideas to save on actual driving costs for our daily drivers? Even with all the OD products available, I don't think many of us are trying to squeeze mpg out of our big block beasts, but more of us are trying to build fun drivers that are on par with newer cars mileage wise. This is new territory for a lot of us hot rodders, and sharing info is good!

my 5th ave, with a stock roller motor and 2.24 gears w/lockup 904 would pull 22-25 on the highway, 13-15 in town, typically 18-20 combined, and that's a 3800 lb car.

cop 318's have the same pistons as 2bbl 318's but large chamber 360 heads, that's where the compression drop comes in. they aren't 308's, but the precursor to them....

I don't think we need a separate forum, just start threads in the general Q&A (:

supercuda, are you the artist formerly known as Thunderstruck?

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)