Been haveing some drivability problems, the nylon cam block on the points was disentigrateing and finally came off in the middle of a busy intersection in a torential down pour this morning. Put in new points in the mc-donalds parking lot and it has not run this good yet. In the search for the problem I tried a 600AVS and built a completly different thermoquad that I set up just for this motor. I was going to a budys shop that I knew was exactly 30 miles from my house. It was a level drive with mixed driving conditions. I filled up a block from his place and drove home in a constant down pour when the weather let up I went and filled up at the gas station 1/2 mile from my house and it only took 1.12 gallons to go 30.5 miles, or 27.2 mpg

I was hopeing for 25mpg hwy with it now so this even surpriesd me

I still have a few other things up my sleeve includeing an OD tranny, electronic ignition, vacume advance is not hooked up yet and I want to try the tourque-plus gaskets with screens. I need to get the speedo cable fixed so I can start makeing more of these MPG tests now to back things up.

As a reminder my previous best with the origninal bone stock 318 2bbl was 22 on strictly highway driveing.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!