Well I picked up a 318 block today and was going to have it zero decked and use some 68 style stock pistons and 340 rods. I carried it all to the machine shop to mill a bunch off the deck and the guy gave me a really good super dooper screaming deal on a set of KB 167 pistons .030 over so I will be useing this short block with the SCAT I beams from my busted stroker. The pistons are 100g lighter a piece and the rods were 115g lighter each, also I should lose even more weight from balancing it and make a very light rotateing assy. It should be easy enough for every one to copy also.

For the top end I am going to put on some 302 heads, I have not decided if I am going to put in some 1.88 valves I have around here but there won't be much porting going on. Mabey put on a groove in the chambers for good measure

For a cam I have a 273 2bbl solid cam lifters and rockers I will use.

I have an LD4B or Holley street dominator to pick from. I am still hopeing to find a offy dual port

I will run a small Thermo-quad and my car already has TTI headers so soon I should have this thing goin. I will probably drive it like this for a little bit before I put in an OD trans. It has 2.76 gears right now.

Any one want to venture what improvement just the motor will give me from my stock 68 318 2bbl?

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!