I think for a custom cam I would want about 175@.050 with as much lift as they can possibly get from a .904 diameter lifter and get a 110 or mabey even 112 LSA to keep overlap next to none. Imagine a baby comp MM lobe. Remember that at short durations the flat tappet can lift the valves faster than a roller. I would probably try to get as high of a rocker ratio as I could to get lift open real good so it could make a little bit of hp. The extra hp would be there if needed but not costing you anything when you don't need it. I think the overlap and late closeing intake are the 2 biggest things for desighning an MPG cam. The overlap costs efficency when some of the intake charge goes out the exhaust (obviously wasted and produces no power)and some of the exhaust goes in the intake track(reversion)and dilutes the next charge comeing back in causing it to burn slower. If you look at some of the newer engines they are going this direction and still makeing real nice hp. An example is the new Hemis with right around 200 degrees duration. Also of less importance but still there is the ex opening point, the charge is still burning when it opens so opening it a couple degrees later gives it a couple more degrees to push on the crank.

I think with heads really desighned to get flowing at low lifts like magnums with 33 degree seats and deshrouded chambers around the 2.02 valves you would be suprised at the hp it could make also. It would not be a beast so to speak but it would be way better than a Geo metro 3cyl for sure.

I think a combo like that could even lower the tq in the rpm range even more and alow for a higher gear ratio also.

BTW according to the waller calculator I had the cuda doing 139 mph the other day

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!