If your cruising was done at wide open then yes you would get best MPG at peak tq. But really who cruises at full throttle? For best MPG you need to figure out where your part throttle peak tq is, I garauntee it will be lower than the full throttle pk tq. My car cruises about 2200 now and feels like it is way past a shift point, when I let off from steady cruising it vaccume brakes hard.

I did get the speedo working yesterday and filled it up again to get a fresh new reading. I have just been driving it around town so next fill up should be a good city miledge test but it will probably be a few days.

I will wait till I get those results before changing any more like installing electronic ign. or even hooking up the vaccume advance.

I think our 1/8th mile track opens in about a month and I will test it up there for the fun of it, any one want to make a guess on that? I will not change anything from the street tune.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!