Dad, Dale, Rachael, and Skippy returned about an hour after Boone arrived, with the Charger on the trailer backwards.

Rachael came over quickly, with a strange look on her face, so I new she had a story to tell me.
"We were having breakfast at Cracker Barrel, when Darren called Pops all mad at the world after he talked to Boone. Well, you know how Pops can't hear, so he turns the phone on speaker and puts it up to his ear, and acts like he's carrying on a regular conversation. Problem is Darren's cussing a blue streak, calling Boone every name in the book, acting like a complete jerk, and every single person in the restaurant can hear every single word! Poor Pops was completely oblivious! Dale had to finally take the phone away, and turn it off speaker, then yell at Darren to calm down! It was classic, best birthday breakfast ever."
"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it!"
"What can Skippy and I do?"
"I bought some semi-gloss black for the hood, and some silver for the scoop, so you need to start on those", I directed them, "but first you will have to prime and sand both."
I gave them a quick tutorial, and turned them loose, figuring that would give me time to finish what I wanted to do without interruption.

The end result wasn't exactly what I was looking for, as the silver metallic look I wanted for the scoop, turned out more like fake chrome, but oh, well. She painted the scoop in Dale's shop, using his barrel of race fuel to hold it up, and the white wall to catch the overspray! He was even less impressed with the silver than I was...

20150913_121923 - Copy.jpg

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines