Originally Posted By MoparBilly
As our sunlight began to disappear, and the evening sky darkened with ominous clouds, Boone made his way across the yard to where I was bent over the Belvedere fender.
"Supposed to rain pretty hard tonight, around 2AM", he informed me, "so I think we need to clean up and put away all the stuff we're not using right now, before it get's dark and we can't find anything."
"Good idea", I agreed, "but where are you guys at right now"?
"Dad and I are pretty much done under the Charger, but it's going to have to go to the muffler shop tomorrow. Switching from the RB back to the low deck means his collectors won't line up with the headers".
"What's Dale's plan?"
"Think he wants to get the Dana back under the Gremlin tonight, because he's looking to get it aligned tomorrow."
"I thought he was going to reinforce the front ladder bar brackets while he had it out from under the car?"
Dale had me crawl under the Gremlin earlier with everything removed, and take a look at the brackets, the problem with welding all that stuff to the stock AMC frame is that the frame is the thinnest, weakest part of the equation, and eventually starts cracking out.
"He doesn't trust himself to weld it", Boone surmised, "And James won't be down here until tomorrow afternoon, so he'll probably just have him do it with everything in place."
"Help me set this hood on the Belvedere, I guess."
"You done with the wiring?"
"As done as I'm going to get tonight", I growled.

By the time we had cleaned up all the work stations, and returned most of the tools to Dale's garage, Skippy and Rachael made their way into the back yard.
Dad came from the front where he had been finishing up the Charger, and gave Rachael a big hug. "Boys", he looked around at all of us, "I'm wore plum out. I'm going to call it a night and head over to Darren's place for a shower and bed!"
He stumbled off in the direction of Mom's PT Cruiser, and Boone looked over at me, "I don't get it, Dad just can't hang this year, he's turning into a wimp!"
"Geez Boone!" I tossed my hands up, "He's 71, thirty pounds overweight, and had a quadruple bypass ten years ago, and you expect him to keep up..."
"You're a 100 pounds over weight!" he interjected.
"Yeah, and it hurts every day! At least I'm not hobbling around all bent over like I'm 90!"
"Hey, this is not funny!" He reached for the pulled muscle in his back.
"None of it is, Boone, but laughing at it works better than crying about it."
Skippy and I were holding the Dana on the trailer while Dale put the final torque on the caps, and Rachael was standing on the trailer with the light extended above us. Boone was still sorting through tools, just a few feet away, and asked, "With rain coming, are we just going to work all night until it arrives, or is everyone about done?"
"Are you planning to use Darren's trailer to move these cars around tomorrow", I countered with a question of my own.
"Yeah", came from Dale and Boone in unison.
"Well, I'd rather unload that brush while it's dry, than mess with it tomorrow in the rain."
"You want to unload it in the dark", Boone's voice raised.
"Skippy and I will help", Rachael volunteered, "Where is it at?"
"It's over at Darren's", Boone had resigned himself to this course of action, "At least we've got enough bodies to knock it out quick."
"Speaking of bodies", Dale objected, "You guys aren't going anywhere until you help me slide this Dana back under the Gremlin!"

LOL! If I move as good as you Dad in ten years I will be happy. up

56 Plaza 63 D100 step side 67 Coronet, 68 Roadrunner, 69 Super Bees, 69 Coronet 500 convertible, 70 Roadrunner Post, 79 D150 360, and a severe case of Mopar a,d,d