On Monday, before our scheduled Saturday departure, I sent Skippy down to Desert Rat to change out my old 28 X 13.50 M/T ET Streets, for the new 31 x 14.50 M/T ET Streets that I had purchased a month earlier. When Mickey Thompson had announced they were changing some of their ET Street, and Drag Radial lines, I had ordered new 255/60/R15 Drag Radials for the Belvedere, and the same big balloon tires that Boone and Dale run for the Valiant.
That night, I tried in vain to wrestle one of those monsters under the Valiant with no luck.
The next day, while I was at work, I discussed the problem on the phone with Dale. "I need those for my Gremlin, so why don't I just order what you want, and we will trade when you get here," he volunteered.
"Well, I checked on the old ones I ran before, and they are back order until 9/29..." I explained.
"What about the new tire that size, the R", he questioned.
"If it's based on the radial slicks they build for like Stock and Super Stock it would be ok", I agreed, "but it has a metric designation on the sidewall, so I'm not sure."
"Time is not on our side", he cautioned.
"Go ahead and order them", I decided.

Friday morning, he called, "geez, you are not gonna like these. They are basically a 325 version of the 275 Pro Drag Radials!"
"That's not going to work for Pro Street," I lamented. I decided on a last ditch Summit order, shipped to Dale's house, and ordered a set of Hoosier Quick Time Pro 29 X 13.50.

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines