The Belvedere was pushed on the trailer, since the wiring was still in complete disarray, pretty much the only thing done on the list was mounting the new hood, and scoop. The Valiant fired to life for the first time since about March, and the transmission had all it's gears, so I loaded it under power, praying that the small tires on the rear wouldn't allow the cross members on the trailer to catch on the exhaust, or ladder bar mounts.

I don't count food as part of my vacation budget, because, well, I eat all the time, no matter where I'm at, so I figure food expenditures are pretty much a given! Tulsa however, with it's two tier system of only Wal-Mart and Reasors in the marketplace is quite expensive for groceries while Phoenix, a hotbed of competition, is quite a bit cheaper. Also Rachael, as a Fry's assistant meat manager, gets in on all the great deals and mark downs, so she has a fully stocked meat locker at all times. We decided to take advantage of this by packing all the coolers we use for drinks on the trip, with frozen meat on dry ice...this turned out to be one of our better choices for the entire trip!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines