Before I forget, the ole Cummins drank 195.65$ worth of diesel to get us from Phoenix to Tulsa, so I'm up to 1812.05 so far. Those fifty dollar fill-ups were far easier than the ninety-five dollar ones were a few years ago!

We muscled the barrels onto the tail-gate then used a ramp from one of the trailers to slide them down to the ground. Before you ask, how does 220 gallons of 118 octane Rockett race fuel impact the Hot Rod Drag Week 2015 budget, the answer is zero dollars!

Since 2014 was the tenth running, Jack Day, President of Rockett, and a sponsor of DW since the beginning, pledged an unheard of 10 barrels of fuel to the winners, instead of his normal 2 or 3! Four were allocated to the winner of the Spirit of Drag Week, which was humbly accepted by my family and I. We had received a killer trophy to keep, the fuel voucher in a nice picture frame, and the traveling trophy. In typical Gebhart fashion, we didn't follow up on the promised fuel until right before Drag Week. Monday, Aug. 24th, Dale finally called Rockett to see if they could bring the promised fuel to St. Louis for the event. Within minutes he was patched through to Jack, and he explained to Dale that it was easier just to ship it commercially. Then he explained to Dale, when the talk of what fuel we needed came into play, that if he just made it all 118, we could mix it with pump gas to bring it down to the desired octane level for each car.
"That way you get the most bang for your buck", Jack joked, "Just send me an E-mail of what you want, and where you want it shipped, and I'll get it out to you!"
Dale told me later on the phone, "I think he should have said it was us getting the most bang on his buck!"
Dale sent the E-mail Tuesday, the 25th, and Tuesday the 1st the fuel was at the shipper's dock in Tulsa waiting for Dale to pick it up!

First class guy, first class company, first class product, a huge thanks to Jack Day, and Rockett brand racing fuel!

IMG_1661 - Copy.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines