On Wednesday, we re-assembled the back half of the 904, then decided that since the parts hadn't arrived yet, we would attempt to clean the shop at Darren's place, in hopes that the piles of junk all over the floor could be reduced enough to allow an actual vehicle to be brought in.
As we were gathering up tools in the afternoon I received a phone call from a concerned UPS employee:
"Sir what's the address I'm supposed to deliver this package to, I think it may be missing something..."
I recited back Dale's street address.
"That's exactly what it says on the package, but where is that in Phoenix Arizona?"
"Umm...it's not, it's in Owasso Oklahoma" I stammered out, completely caught off guard.
"Ok, sir...I will get that corrected, and get it out on the next truck to Oklahoma!"
I thanked her, and the phone went dead. When I relayed the info to Boone, he just stared at me, "Did you get her name, or ask to get it extradited?"
"No...I was just too shocked to respond that quickly!"
"Call Cope, see what they can do." Boone replied.
"I screwed up", John readily admitted, "I shipped that myself, and I put your brother's street address, and your City, State and zip!"
"Well, I'm only in Oklahoma until Saturday, so I really need those parts to finish up this transmission before I leave...I'll pay extra shipping to get this expedited...
"I understand", John cut me off, "But dealing with UPS isn't that easy for a shipper!" "I'll call them, and get back to you before the end of the business day!"
So, that's the story of my first and last purchase from the Cope Racing Transmissions website, and my first and last personal correspondence with John Cope.
The running joke the rest of the week from my brothers was, "have you heard from Cope yet?"
We sourced the clutches and steels from a local supplier, and re-used the big single return spring. Back at work on Monday in Phoenix, Dale called to inform me that the parts for my trans had arrived on his doorstep.

Dad's attention span when cleaning is quite shorter than it is when telling stories or working on transmissions:

053.JPG052.JPG

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines